THE CUBAN GULAG
Human rights in Cuban jails
- Achieving a basically humane treatment to the inmate population.
- To monitor, denounce and put an end to the violations of human rights in Cuban prisons.
- Identify and monitor the number of imprisoned population, location of prisons, living conditions of inmates, their age, race and gender composition, and the treatment they receive in the Cuban Gulag
- Producing an update research on the Cuban prison system.
- Establishing monitoring mechanisms to follow-up.
- Disseminating public information within Cuba and abroad on this reality.
- Supporting the mobilizations of prisoners’ relatives that mobilize to demand their rights.